Brompton ml3 2000 model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skyway

Regular
Hello I just purchased a Brompton nonlocking folding rear wheel is it possible to connect the locking part of the newer model onto this has anyone done this

12boy

Guru
Sure, you can buy a latching device which I beieve includes a new shaft for the elastomer. Not very hard to do. I would not care for going around with the latch undone, although I understand that doesn't impair the ride quality.

OP
OP
S

Skyway

Regular
Thanks do you know how much and where to buy
And my serial number is 1620 but cannot work out what year it is

roley poley

Über Member
:welcome:Easy up grade stopped me from having to lash the rear triangle to the seat post with a toe strap .It is designed to be turn offable with a quarter twist of the rubber block if desired, easy done by hand.

berlinonaut

Veteran
In case you want to go on the cheap you can instead of the original retrofit-kit from Brompton use the solution from Spa which they invented before Brompton invented the rear frame clip:

https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s155p127/SPA-CYCLES-Brompton-Clip

It costs just 2 Pounds, so you save 25. ;-) Dead simple, works like a charm though a tiny bit less comfy as the Brompton solution and your rear frame may loose the color where it is clamped to the mainframe.

roley poley

Über Member
In case you want to go on the cheap you can instead of the original retrofit-kit from Brompton use the solution from Spa which they invented before Brompton invented the rear frame clip:

https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s155p127/SPA-CYCLES-Brompton-Clip

It costs just 2 Pounds, so you save 25. ;-) Dead simple, works like a charm though a tiny bit less comfy as the Brompton solution and your rear frame may loose the color where it is clamped to the mainframe.
good link never knew they existed love its simplicity and price

Top Bottom