brompton owner seeking rideouts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
If you’re ever down Dorset way we have the “ Brompton Real Ale Society “ local group that has “ ride outs” to various local establishments 🍺🍺👍

I thought I should mention that it was on my way home from one such excursion that I had my first “ off” on my Brompton. Fortunately there’s quite a climb from the brewery we were visiting so I just teetered for a while before falling sideways onto a grass verge 😊

gom

Über Member
That looks idyllic
Who doesn't love a dry valley?

By chance I'd planned another day out in the Cotswolds.
043_14-Apr-2021_1444.jpg
Untitled.png

</brag>
Double chainring!

What is it like to ride? presumably you don't want to run out of battery with it?
It's smooth and comfortable to ride, however slow on uphills. The steering is a little ponderous when setting off until you get used to it. If I rode it more I imagine I'd get quicker as it's clear that it uses different muscles to a normal bike, but quick isn't really it's thing. It is heavy and whilst an electric version was produced, this example is human powered only, through a nexus 8 hub. I love it!

OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
the brompton real ale boys sounds too good to be true. unfortunately I reside in East Sussex. Solo rides seem to be my lot. Once things reopen I will visit some fellow travellers. good to see you smallish wheel guys.

bromptonautie

Regular
Who doesn't love a dry valley?

By chance I'd planned another day out in the Cotswolds.
View attachment 583938 View attachment 583939
</brag>
Double chainring!
Could you tell me please which chainring sizes you’re using and how many teeth? Also, have you got a front derailleur fitted and a thumbshifter, and if so which brand & model; or is it a ‘manual’ move with a stick?

Top Bottom