Brompton T-Line is here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berlinonaut

Veteran
Just realized that Brompton had kindly asked in the description of the stream not to publicly share infos from it :ohmy: - they only had in the description and as I was joining late and via a link from $somewhere, I missed that part. :blush:They plan to publicly announce the bike tomorrow, so I will repost the detailed info once this has happened. :rolleyes:
Official Launch has happened yesterday, so here are the details posted again:

Brompton just launched the T-Line via Youtubestream.

First things first:

7,45 kg (singlespeed, no mudguards)
8 kg (derailleur gears, mudguards)

Only thing not changed are the brakes.
Full titanium frame
Built in Sheffield at Brompton-Fletcher/C.W. Fletcher
CAD-Designed, shaped of grams based on force simulations
parts of the frame casted rather then welded (around the bottom bracket i.e.)
Integrated headset
carbon fork
carbon bars 31,8mm clamping, 560mm width
clamping plate for the bars
seatpost 0,3 stainless-steel surounding a carbon post
no folding pedal but quick release pedals
derailleur just 65g (rear frame and dreailleur possibly identical to P-Line)
Carbon cranks
direct mount chainwheel
tubolito tubes

Price:
GBP 3750 (singlespeed w/o mudguards)
GBP 3950 (geared with mudguards)

Availablity limited (ballot principle for the time being)

42858351gg.png

PS: People from Singapore went pretty mad in the youtube-chat "where to buy? Take all my money"-style.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Brompton just launched the T-Line via Youtubestream.
First things first:

7,45 kg (singlespeed, no mudguards)
8 kg (derailleur gears, mudguards)

Only thing not changed are the brakes.
Full titanium frame
Built in Sheffield at Brompton-Fletcher
CAD-Designed, shaped of grams based on force simulations
parts of the frame casted rather then welded (around the bottom bracket i.e.)
carbon fork
carbon bars
seatpost thin stainless-steel plus carbon melange
no folding pedal but quick release pedals
derailleur just 65g (rear frame and dreailleur possibly identical to P-Line)
Carbon cranks
direct mount chainwheel
tubulito tubes

Price:
GBP 3750 (singlespeed w/o mudguards)
GBP 3950 (geared with mudguards)

Availablity limited (ballot principle for the time being)
View attachment 627199

PS: People from Singapore went pretty mad in the youtube-chat "where to buy? Take all my money"-style. :laugh:
Just got an email from Brompton with a link to buy, I was lucky in the Ballot 🤔

yoho oy

Ridiculously expensive. Cost like not that bad used car or nice brand new motorcycle. What people do in Singapore does not worry me at all. Do they even have enough roads to bike in their city-country?

OP
OP
B

berlinonaut

Veteran
Ridiculously expensive. Cost like not that bad used car or nice brand new motorcycle.
Rather expectable and reasonable for a high quality ti bike I'd say. Look at what other ti bikes cost. Given the cost of a P-Line and a weight saving of 2kg over the P-line the price difference seems to be well in the 1-2€/g rule, that you typically pay for weight saving. What would a car be good for when I want a folding bike? Have you looked what posh bikes cost today? You can easily buy a racing bike or a cargo bike for 10 grand and more.
What people do in Singapore does not worry me at all. Do they even have enough roads to bike in their city-country?
A bit colonialistic and culturally ignorant...

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
That’s a very keen weight. Looks good.

Ridiculously expensive. Cost like not that bad used car or nice brand new motorcycle. What people do in Singapore does not worry me at all. Do they even have enough roads to bike in their city-country?
Dude - do you even ride a bike ?

The price is pretty good - I'd expected more.

Back to your Jim Davidson box sets now.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
We ran a fun poll over on YACF to guess the price. It turns out to be a bit cheaper than most people thought, although my guess was £3,750 so I was a bit low.

l4dva

Guru
Did anyone else get an email to actually buy one? I did!!

Wonder if the ballot was a way to drum up some demand ?!? But I’m guessing they already have enough demand for there products.

It looks amazing, Price is high but I think it’s justifiable- I think! I’ve been eying up a Brompton bike for a long time now, so I’m keen but timing probably isn’t right for me at the moment we have just moved house otherwise I might of pulled the trigger.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Did anyone else get an email to actually buy one? I did!!

Wonder if the ballot was a way to drum up some demand ?!? But I’m guessing they already have enough demand for there products.

It looks amazing, Price is high but I think it’s justifiable- I think! I’ve been eying up a Brompton bike for a long time now, so I’m keen but timing probably isn’t right for me at the moment we have just moved house otherwise I might of pulled the trigger.
Yes I got one too, no way I was gonna buy one mind.

You have to pick it up in person from Brompton Junction London. From what I’ve heard, Brompton are not giving end users the boxes and the bike will be registered to you pre-handover - I guess in an attempt to stop reselling abroad.
They said that originally, but on the email it says you can have it delivered to your home or to your preferred dealer.

Oh dear - here we go again

Vu vill agree vith me zat Prompton are zee pest pikez in zee vorld. Vu are not alloved to zay pad zings apout zee Prompton. If vu zay pad zings, your name vill pe vritten in mein little plack pook. Vu vill pe fery scared.

Top Bottom