Brompton Travel Suite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brommieinkorea

Brompton owners /users only please. Concerning bags that fit a Brompton, what could be better? What is great ? What is awful ?
I'm wanting to produce a line of bags for the Brompton to travel with and in, via plane and train etc...

I'll try setting up a simple questionnaire when I have a better idea of questions to ask.
Thanks for the input.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think the Brompton bag issue is very well covered. There are many bags of all different price ranges. If you could work on a hard suitcase that turns into a trailer for the Brompton to pull behind. That would be really useful and original.

OP
OP
brommieinkorea

brommieinkorea

I think the Brompton bag issue is very well covered. There are many bags of all different price ranges. If you could work on a hard suitcase that turns into a trailer for the Brompton to pull behind. That would be really useful and original.

Yes, the hard case that turns trailer is a good idea, but my bag does take a different approach to flying etc... Any thoughts on the other bags? Does your S , T, C et al bag have any flaws ?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Yes, the hard case that turns trailer is a good idea, but my bag does take a different approach to flying etc... Any thoughts on the other bags? Does your S , T, C et al bag have any flaws ?

No they dont and there is a large selection at various prices. You are aiming at a market that is already full of good products. Aim at something where there is a market and nothing to fill it.

classic33

Leg End Member
Try checking what the airline industry will accept, across the board. Not just one or two airlines.
Then work from there.

OP
OP
brommieinkorea

brommieinkorea

Yes, they're too expensive for what they do.

Yeah, but it is impossible to compete with places that pay slave wages. Probably be able to make them for a little less than the marked up bags from you know who.

OP
OP
brommieinkorea

brommieinkorea

No they dont and there is a large selection at various prices. You are aiming at a market that is already full of good products. Aim at something where there is a market and nothing to fill it.

Hmmm... my first idea for long distance travel was hard case/trailer , but production is uh will require a lot of retooling......So a matched set of luggage with a large bag that could transform into a 10" x10" (200mm?) cube wouldn't be of any interest? The suite idea is 3 or 4 pieces of luggage although a hard case could be part of it . ???

classic33

Leg End Member
Something like this, bearing in mind the luggage weight limit. 5kg is the minimum starting weight for a hard case.
http://actofaggression.com/cycling-in-brisbane/2014/10/11/travel-trailer-case-for-the-brompton

Top Bottom