Brookes saddles and the winter commute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
I've got a Brookes saddle on my ol' shed of a commuter...

Do I need to do anything special with it to keep it in good nick through the crap weather?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Nothing. Mine did snow, ice, sun and rain with no problems.

diapason

Proofide every so often keeps it supple and helps with waterproofing. Brooks sell an elasticated cover for a few quid - I keep one handy and shove it on if the bike is parked up outside.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
I've got a Brookes saddle on my ol' shed of a commuter...

Do I need to do anything special with it to keep it in good nick through the crap weather?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Proofride. Mine has done 5 days a week for two years and looks better now than it did as new.

You might want to cover it when you are not riding, and it's raining. Freebie shower caps from hotels are good.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Don't over proofhide the Brooks, leave the adjusting bolt alone and a plastic bag is generally better then the Brooks elasticated thingy and a lot cheaper. Having said that, mine only lasted 25 years ....

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
just brough what looks like a clean b17 std from accountantpete for current project so once arrive will get some proofhide and treat it and see what happens

martint235

Dog on a bike
+1 for the shower caps. I got a little collection of them now thanks to a well travelled boss at work. I tend to be able to get a few months out of one before I finally tear it.

Top Bottom