Brooks B17 or B17 Flyer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASC1951

Guru
Call me provocative, but I can't see the point of spending a significant amount of money on a saddle that you have to look after, protect from the rain etc, when you can buy an equally comfortable, synthetic, fit-and-forget saddle ... for a lot less money.
I've tried lots of synthetic saddles, including some expensive ones, and they are nowhere near as comfortable as any of my Brooks.

I don't spend any time looking after mine. Proofide when new and maybe once every couple of years after that, but I don't do anything to keep the rain off - no saddle cover, not even mudguards. Water just bounces off them.

mikeitup

Veteran
Chrisc said:
One here for the Flyer. Couple of weeks in and it's the comfiest saddle I've ever used, last weekend I had the first ride in my life when I was completely unaware of any arse pain at all. As for wet rides, wax it and use the cover if it's really raining...:biggrin:

brooks.jpg

+1 for me too.

Had mine 2 yrs and it is dead comfy. I don't bother with proofide I use the Nikwax for my Brasher walking boots to proof mine. :wacko: :laugh:

Top Bottom