Brooks saddle - which one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I've decided it's about time I got a Brooks saddle for the Brompton, but I've never had to buy one separately before, so haven't a clue on the different models.

The bike is mostly used for short hops around central London, but occasionally for 30-40 mile rides. The complication being that the short hops are me and the longer rides will be my girlfriend. is there a Brooks saddle suitable for both men and women?

I'm basically expecting to keep the Brompton forever, and if I ever change the bike I'll keep the saddle, so purchase cost isn't an issue if there are good reasons to go for a pricier one for this application.

Noodley

I've decided it's about time I got a Brooks saddle for the Brompton

Why?

seriously....why a Brooks?

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Brompton offer a special version of the B17 (cost is extra over the standard saddle when ordering, not price)
I've no idea how (or if) it differs from an ordinary B17 special.

Ladies' versions are shorter and wider than mens'.
I'd suggest the ladies' version. A too wide saddle isn't as much of a problem as a too narrow one, and a Brompton gives a fairly upright riding position.

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
seriously....why a Brooks?
I've had them on all my previous bikes, and my gf has one on her Pashley, and we both find them really comfy (well, as bike saddles go - I prefer to do my longer trips on my trike :-)).

tyred

Legendary Member
The standard B17 is a good starting point imo. It is the cheapest in the range and I find it extremely comfortable. The only thing to consider would be that springs may be a useful feature on a small wheeler with a sit up and beg riding position.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
None of them cos they just shut down and went out of business
when Brooks goes out of business cycling will come to an end :thumbsup:

Top Bottom