Brown sauce or tomato ketchup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I can hold my tongue no longer.

Sorry Welsh dragon but ketchup makes me gag - even the smell of it.
Brown sauce - if there are no sliced or cooked tomatoes.

If there are sliced or cooked tomatoes, all you need is a little white pepperand you have the perf combination of salty, sweet and a little spice.

I will hear no more on this subject.

My lips are sealed:laugh: as of now.:whistle: rigt now.:laugh: did i say my lips are sealed?^_^:blush:

I like both . If i was to have two bacon rolls i have to have one with tomato sauce and the other with brown. I'm i weird ?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My lips are sealed:laugh: as of now.:whistle: rigt now.:laugh: did i say my lips are sealed?^_^:blush:
Does your saddle look like this, perchance?
Quinoa-croquettes-with-ro-013.jpg

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
As I have said before, anyone who puts anything from a bottle on anything I have cooked, be it a roast chicken with all the trimmings or a humble bacon sandwich, will get the rest of the bottle contents over their head. Insults to the cook, the lot of them.

green1

Über Member
Stuff your tomato and brown sauce. This is the perfect butty.
DSC_0005.jpg

Or it was 2 minutes ago, now I've got a lovely chilli sweat on.

Peteaud

Veteran
Brown Sauce.

And cheese, grated, adds a bit more mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 2940877, member: 1314"]My dinner tonight...

... fried cumberlands in old sausage fat with 2 rashes of bacon, onions and scotch bonnets. Bread dipped in the fat before placing fried stuff on bread. Left in foil and fridge overnight so fat soaks through.

No sauce required. If I have sauce I do @green1 and have homemade chilli sauce.

View attachment 38505 [/quote]
Crockers, here's a useful alternative if you find yourself unable to cook. The HDU and post-op wards at Hammersmith Hospital do an excellent fried breakfast after cardiac surgery. I was surprised.

https://www.nhs.uk/Services/hospitals/Services/Service/DefaultView.aspx?id=212637

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
[QUOTE 2941635, member: 1314"]You think roast chicken and bacon would complement each other? I'd've thought both are too dry to go together.[/quote]

Bacon is nice with chicken in a casserole. They go well together as chicken can sometimes be a bit bland.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Bacon works well to stop chicken breasts going too dry in the oven.

What also works well are crispy bacon, with ketchup, mayonnaise and onions.

Top Bottom