Brown Trousers Moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
How's the rim?

;-P

Similiar thing happened to me the other week, somehow I had snagged the back tyre (train tracks) and the inner tube was slowly making it's way out to the outside World at 110psi and then bang it went...

Cue a ruined Conti 4 seasons tyre that had only been ridden on for 2 days commute and a new inner tube, the rim took a bit of hurt but I managed to sandpaper the edges of it ok.

Oh yeh and I was doing about 18mph so not too bad I guess.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Wow - were you going east or west? I find the descent going east to be thrilling in a kind of scary way - but 25mph would be the least of it....

I was going east, and would normally go for it down that side hitting 30 plus, but was taking it a bit easier today - thankfully.

Rim seems ok, as does the tyre. Tube has a 1/2 inch slash in it, I can only think it was some sort of pinch going over the flyover expansion slots.

Tynan

Veteran
had the rear go on my old scooter like that once doing 50mph on the North Circ, a miracle that I managed to get to the hard shoulder from the fast lane and the car in the inside lane read what was happening

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
.....since we're reminiscing - had a front blow-out going down the Ditchling Beacon after hitting a piece of angle iron. Took getting on for 100 metres to stop.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
joebe said:
I was going east, and would normally go for it down that side hitting 30 plus, but was taking it a bit easier today - thankfully.

Rim seems ok, as does the tyre. Tube has a 1/2 inch slash in it, I can only think it was some sort of pinch going over the flyover expansion slots.
Could be. In winter, when they're at their widest, it pays to jump the buggers

D

Deleted member 1258

Matty said:
Front tire would have been proper brown trousers then ..............

Happened to me a couple of years ago, on the Binley road in Coventry heading towards town just before the short stretch of dual carriageway by the fire station, 25mph and the font tyre blew out, I managed to stop it but had my hands full for a few seconds.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
joebe said:
The flyover is less brown trousers than the gyratory. :-)

You do the gyratory...for the love of god stop!!!!

I cant even stand that on a car or a motorbike, it wobbles and rattles all over the shop, gives me the willies every time

Top Bottom