Browser issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Apologies if these points have been raised, I've been away from CC for a while and cannot see them on a quick search.

Different browsers seem to interact in different ways on the site..is this expected, for example:

1. Replies ...often the formatting of a reply goes haywire, wont allow me to highlight words (by wiping the mouse cursor) to retype of even delete. Whole paragraphs delete when I delete a fullstop and the cursor refuses to go where I click, often defaulting to the end of the passage I have typed (possibly the reason for paragraph deletes).

2. Spellcheck in replies and topics seems to work "occasionally"

3. My Avitar (which I admit I change frequently) displays in three different ways (one at my work PC, and two on my home PC when using different browsers) Only one of these is the way I intend it to be.

Shaun

Founder
Quick reply from my phone:

1. Dodgy post editor. Try going into settings and turning off the RTE (real-time editor). [ New editor in 3.2 upgrade coming later this year ]
2. Not sure as I don't use spell checker.
3. Server caches images (including avatars) for 30 days to speed page loading. Will eventually update to same image on all your browsers, but you can speed it up by doing a forced page refresh (CTRL+R) or similar depending on browser. This reloads everything from the CC server, including your updated avatar.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member

1. Dodgy post editor. Try going into settings and turning off the RTE (real-time editor). [ New editor in 3.2 upgrade coming later this year ]
3. Server caches images (including avatars) for 30 days to speed page loading. Will eventually update to same image on all your browsers, but you can speed it up by doing a forced page refresh (CTRL+R) or similar depending on browser. This reloads everything from the CC server, including your updated avatar.

Cheers,

Ctrl R...its like a magic wand...smashing.

I'll try the RTE thing too.

Cheers

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member

Cheers,

By way for a test, I'm giving this a go...I'll cut and paste some text, this usually drives the formatting wild!

yep, seems to let me paste in text from another source...check.

The spell check is still "automatically" on (not something you would make a choice to use), no bad thing but seemed to previously drive everything haywire.

I'll keep an eye on it.

thanks Shaun

Shaun

Founder
By way for a test, I'm giving this a go...I'll cut and paste some text, this usually drives the formatting wild!

yep, seems to let me paste in text from another source...check.

The spell check is still "automatically" on (not something you would make a choice to use), no bad thing but seemed to previously drive everything haywire.

I'll keep an eye on it.

thanks Shaun

Hang on...Multiquote, I cant seem to get that working at all...has it changed from the old way of working?

You have to select the posts (by clicking the Multiquote buttons) and then ... and here's the key ... click the Add Reply (Full editor) button on the bottom left - and not the buttons in the quick reply form at the bottom!!!

Give it as go and let me know if it's working for you?

Cheers,

Top Bottom