Brrrrrr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
It's 2 deg C today. 4 layers of clothing including fleece, jacket and hat. Just saw my boss over in his lovely and warm :gun: office.

'Are you going off site?' he asked. 'No, this is now normal office wear along our corridor'. I snarled.

Christopher

Über Member
How can the management continue to have the office open in such conditions snapper? If it was my outfit they'd close the office. Your management seems to be reading from a 19century manual!

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
The boiler's being looked at. Has been fixed once but keeps cutting off. The work still needs to be done Christopher and we've got little heaters in now :smile: So maybe, this company isn't the one reading from a 19th century manual ...

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I might leave my coat on for a bit in my office this morning uploadfromtaptalk1354781315293.jpg

Cyclist33

as far as i know, the law on this doesnt actually state an acceptable minimum temperature. people at ours e always quoting 16 degrees but that is only a guideline in the guidance and not prescribed in law. therefore its open to interpretation - if people could reasonably don warm clothes, drink hot drinks and crack on productively, that might be a case for saying the temperature is acceptable.

there will always be people for whom 9 or even 19 degrees c is still too cold in the office but the question is, are other people finding ways of dealing with it and if so, are the ones complaining doing so reasonably?

i dont know the answer!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We had the heating go at a place I worked in some years back, think it was about 5c in the offices. Had external auditors in, who said they had to go due to the low temperature. As all the other office staff heard this, I had to let HR know that the temperature was illegal. Quite a few went home, but the rest of us just grabbed a cuppa, zipped the coats up and carried on. We did get a day in lieu given to us, which really hissed off those that chose to leg it. :laugh:

We had a small business some years ago with 6 office staff.

Heating broke one January and despite our best efforts we were without it for 3 days. We bought some fan heaters but it was still cold.

Day 1 went ok but day 2 came and 4 of the staff started belly-aching and wanting to go home. Off they went.

The remaining 2 staff, my wife and I just dressed up for the occasion and cracked on.

We gave them both £200 extra on top of their wages. One of them let this slip a few weeks later and you should've heard the 4 that went home kick off. Apparently it wasn't fair that they had not been given the opportunity to earn some extra wages!!

Top Bottom