Bruised thumb and ribs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
Three days ago i fell of my bike and took a big hit to my thumb and ribs which are still bruised and sore

My question is what would you recommend to ease the pain which is still bad

And advice please

Thank You

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Curry. Lots of Dahl and lager

Twilkes

Guru
I thought this was going to be a thread about trying to put a Marathon Plus tyre on a tubeless-ready rim.

Just rest, really. Try to keep the thumb moving and do some gripping exercises every day. Unfortunately, there's not a lot you can do with ribs, except barbecue them.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Without trying to sound flippant, you're injured, I'd be getting checked properly rather than just asking on here. Lots of injuries go unnoticed and can cause more problems down the line.
Ribs will heal, make sure the thumb isn't fractured/broken and take painkillers.
Rest up, dont do anything too strenuous and get the missus to look after you for a bit 😊
Bike falls can be nasty, hope you're ok

Pilot Chuck Yeager was the first man to break the sound barrier in the Bell X1. He flew the mission with broken rib from a horsing accident. Don't be such a pussy.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pilot Chuck Yeager was the first man to break the sound barrier in the Bell X1. He flew the mission with broken rib from a horsing accident. Don't be such a pussy.

When I broke my spine, the 4 broken ribs were ore troublesome.

That said they were well healed after 6 weeks flat on my back - previous breaks have taken longer as I'd have been riding after two weeks.

Wobblers

Euthermic
A doctor. Get yourself to a minor injuries walk in centre, preferably one with x-ray facilities. Hands are complex with lots of joints, tendons and bones. It's very easy to cause serious damage - especially if you've taken a big hit like you say. I did similar some years ago but I was lucky that an attentive doctor spotted I'd broken the base of my thumb - it wasn't obvious! - nor would it have healed properly on its own. You don't want to run the risk of having to endure arthritis in your thumb for the rest of your life - get it looked at.

Top Bottom