Bruntingthorpe 6 HR charity cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have no connection with this.
I just saw it and thought it looked interesting and different
http://www.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=8445
It's at Bruntingthorpe airfield near Leicester
It's in aid of a 9year old boy named Alex Goodwin who is suffering from a rare bone cancer
It's a 6hour event around (and around) a test track - as many laps as you can in 6hr
Sunday 2 Apr. £35 entry
Helmets are required

13 rider

Guru
Thanks for the heads up I did the Charnwood forest ride last may organised by the same charity

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just noticed this in the text of the event.

badly maintained equipment or riders will be excluded from the event.

Now, if I were to enter this my bike would be superbly maintained. I'm not sure I can say the same about the maintenance of the rider though ;)

13 rider

Guru
Amazingly I did the charity ride for alexwish A young lad with cancer but it's a different Alex
Just seems a tad expensive for riding around an airfield . They be better making it a tenner and getting people to raise sponsorship
Quite fancy it though to see if I could do 100 miles I. Sub 6 hours . Presumably it will be flat bit if windy it could be brutal

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Quite fancy it though to see if I could do 100 miles I. Sub 6 hours . Presumably it will be flat bit if windy it could be brutal

Exactly my thoughts. "Hmm, Could I do a sub 6 hour ton?" "Yes but it might be blowing a gale"
The track has a 2 mile straight which could be purgatory if windy.
I have friends who live nearby, so it could be convenient, I'm still mildly tempted.

Chinook220

Hi guys I'm the organiser of Bruntingthorpe 6 hour cycle. Just to clarify we are completely non profit making every penny possible will be going to Alex and his family. Riders will be using the short circuit (2mile lap). Perfect for a 100mile+ challenge

We will have a BBQ, Music, brew and cake stall, raffle, on site sports massage as well as the cold wars jets collection to look round while not on the bike or if your spectating. Local clubs can always stop in for a brew and cake.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_7034.JPG
    IMG_7034.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Top Bottom