BRVR - Goats League - Climb 23 - Star Wars Canyon, Death Valley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Life getting in the way of cycling
:sad: I feel you my friend!

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
@Aleman

1:30:32, and despite taking it easy on the downhill, that climb hurt...

A lot.

At one point I thought I was in with a chance of catching @Mugshot - must have been hallucinating because I never got close.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I've recce'd that first 15Km a couple of times and I'm still not completely sure of the best way to take it,

SmP-62

Not the easy one ... 1:05:33 ... done it also before it become challenge ride in beginning of july as not hard tempo ride with 1:10:38

Last edited:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Not far off @Asa Post did you have my little marker to race? :okay:
Sure did.

You were usually between a quarter and a half mile ahead, but then the gap was closing and I began to hope.

Silly me.

Before I ride I put different wattages into the pacer to see the effect on the time. Then I decide on my target power (depending on how I feel), and pick opponents who have been a bit faster or a bit slower. I knew from what that told me that I'd have to do an amazingly good ride to beat you, so I didn't really think it was likely.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
1:02:02, the Empire definitely struck back on that one. Still haven't cracked the 64kph barrier on the downhill sections yet, need more Force on the pedals I guess.

Edited to Add:

Big shout out to the team at BigRingVR for fixing the bug where the first rather than the fastest ride was selected in Challenge leaderboard.

Last edited:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
If I can't beat 64kph on the downhill sections nobody will :mrpig::bicycle:

SmP-62

Big shout out to the team at BigRingVR for fixing the bug where the first rather than the fastest ride was selected in Challenge leaderboard.

Yes, I found the 'bug' after doing Col d'Ordino the second time for the Vuelta Challenge (on first ride I had some problems with a turbo) with better time as the first time, but the overall time was the same.

Then I check the Goats League result and it was the same ... allways only the first ride was considered, not the quickest.

I let the BR team know about that and it was fixed over last weekend. They just not vorseen that somebody will do the same ride more that once.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
I let the BR team know about that and it was fixed over last weekend. They just not vorseen that somebody will do the same ride more that once.
They're usually quite quick with fixing bugs and implementing improvements, mind you I wouldn't have spotted the 'bug' had it not been for @Aleman's league and the ability to cross check times.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Glad they sorted it! I was really concerned about the missing 38 seconds from d'Ordinio :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Although now I've had a look for the 23 rides I've done I should have a time of 20:45:13 not 22:27:14 :gun::gun::gun:

Ah, no I've done 22 rides in the league but ridden the Santa Fe de Montseny outside of the league ... So it shouldn't count anyway.

SmP-62

I Ah, no I've done 22 rides in the league but ridden the Santa Fe de Montseny outside of the league ... So it shouldn't count anyway.

There is a difference between Cyclechat and BR in rides which are valid in the challenge.

BR leaderboard consider fastest rides done after Goats challenge has started in march and not after introduction of each ride in the challenge (as here).

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Well I've been avoiding this one for far to long, and decided to bite the bullet 1:22:40 which beats my earlier time by 20 minutes!

Top Bottom