BRVR - Goats League - Climb 36 - Valle del Forni

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I picked this one as it had the Italian for Valley in the name, so I assumed that it would be a relatively easy ride, for the build up to Christmas ... (I've got a great Christmas Present for you lot ;) :rofl: )

Bit of a mistake there on my part then, although it will suit the puncheurs among us, and it is only short. ... I give you the 9.49 Km, 605m Ascent of the Valle del Forni

profile.valledelforni.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Did that about 14 months ago when I was 7Kg heavier than I am now. If I can't beat my previous time I'm giving up and stick to the allotment.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
BOOM!!
There's your marker, 46:28 :okay:

:laugh:

Nice ride that actually, Lovely to look at, the mountain looming in the distance as you head along the valley before turning off to go up the side of a house. Marked that as a favourite, think it'll be a good one to try every now and then to see if there's any improvement :smile:

Last edited:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
33:42. Beat my previous time by just over 2 minutes but only because of the weight loss not because of being fitter. Quite a way down power wise compared to something like Star Wars Canyon, say but it keeps me off the allotment:okay:
Still at least that's re opened the Goats league account, now there's only ride 28 and 30 to 35 to go.
As an aside I had a crack at the new Vetoux offering on Sunday, perhaps not the ride I should have chosen after a long break but pleasant non the less and no head wind to trouble me. I'll use that as a benchmark and try for a sub 1hr 20 eventually.

SmP-62

Want to do first cca 4km as (nostalgic) recovery ride, as I know very well this part of the road, before it turns left in Santa Caterina di Valfurva. It is section of very popular climb Bormio-Passo Gavia.

After 5km, as the real climb started, I want to stop, but the small black&red guy with a trident on my left shoulder whisper in my ear: Don't be such a pu**y, it's only 3km of the climb to the top, everybody can do it ... and I finished the ride with granny speed ... 43:25 ... was nice recon for the next time, but not so good for my legs ... I need real recovery now, so jump in Normatec boots will be smart decision.

SmP-62

Welcome Silvano

Smiljan

Last edited:
Top Bottom