Bryton users... help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Most rides I go on with my Bryton Rider 50 seem to involve an odd screen popping up; usually showing for longer than the screen I actually want to see, which is very annoying. It is a full grey screen, with what looks like an infinity sign, with a symbol, presumably of the device, at the bottom right of the symbol.

I'm not sure what the screen means, when as it seems to come up when I have a good satellite signal, full battery, and fully updated. It happens when I am on a pre-planned route, and when I'm just recording a route. It does not come up when I am just using it as a speedo/ not recording.

In a different context I would have thought it meant that it needed to be connected to something, either for power, an update, or something else.

Has anyone else had this happen?

I can't find any reference to the screen in the gubbins that came with the device, or on their website, or the internet generally.

OP
OP
wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Has no one else got a Bryton, or just not experienced this?

Tony_wh

I know that this thread is a little old but did you get an answer?

I have a Bryton Rider 50 too and I think it's great. The only trouble is that after about 40 minutes, it 'hangs' and goes to the grey infinity sign. I have stood by the side of the road for 10 minutes waving my arm around in a figure of '8' but it hasn't restarted it. If you press the home button and then the mode button, you get a map back but not the route you were following - it also seems to stop recording. Very irritating.

Have you been able to get in touch with Bryton? I had hoped that they would have a forum but I can't find it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

Chutzpah

Über Member
Hi Tony,

I haven't experienced this on my Rider 50 at all.

You can drop them an email or ask on their facebook group, you'll get an answer via any of these methods:

https://www.facebook.com/BrytonUK

Once when I had an issue (which I eventually managed to solve) they said they would be able to remotely help me completely reset the device if required, so worse comes to the worst this might help solve it.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
AFAIK the infinity screen is displayed when the compass needs to be calibrated. Mine occasionaly does this, but it returns to the map screen within seconds.

I believe you can disable the compass from within the settings menu. This doesn't affect the GPS/Mapping and stops the calibration screen from popping up.

OP
OP
wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I no longer have this problem as I have exchanged the device then got an refund on that one for the same reason. I'm sure they're great gadgets, in fact they came top in Cycling Weekly recently, but I managed to get two duds...

The Garmin I eventually bought is running well though ;)

Top Bottom