BSA English to SRAM BB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Squire
I bought a Hope one for my SRAM equipped Genesis, wasn't cheap but 15k miles in and still going strong.
Otherwise can't you use the GXP one which comes with the SRAM group set
I need a BB for my build. English threaded frame and fitting SRAM.
TIA.
 
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Legendary Member
I bought a Hope one for my SRAM equipped Genesis, wasn't cheap but 15k miles in and still going strong.
Otherwise can't you use the GXP one which comes with the SRAM group set

I’ve got a set much cheaper on eBay but no BB. It’s GPX I need. Seen one on eBay now for £20.
 
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Legendary Member
TruVativ/SRAM GXP 22/24mm Spindle Sealed Cartridge Bearings BSA Bottom Bracket Is cheaper than praxis and also has bearing change feature.
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
TruVativ/SRAM GXP 22/24mm Spindle Sealed Cartridge Bearings BSA Bottom Bracket Is cheaper than praxis and also has bearing change feature.

You'll find the SRAM ones seize quickly. The Praxis is better, believe you me. The fitment is also better - better end caps, better wavy washer.
 
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Legendary Member
You'll find the SRAM ones seize quickly. The Praxis is better, believe you me. The fitment is also better - better end caps, better wavy washer.
Quite right. The BSA versions are at least better for keeping crap & water out I read.
Seizing will happen due to overloaded over tightened ends and riding in wet conditions without drying off.
I have a Praxis BB in my CAAD 10, that old bike must still have one of the stiffest ever BB’s even stiffer than most modern aero bikes.
 
Top Bottom