BSA girl's bicycle ready for her bithday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulmh

My granddaughter's bicycle is ready for her 7th birthday in June. It's an early post-war BSA "Parabike" for a girl, except I've modified it with a colour of her choice (it was a rather nice dusty blue colour, but not what the lady wanted) and more importantly I've fitted a Sturmey Archer 4 speed FW gear hub of 1952 vintage. Also I've made a sheepskin saddle cover, as the original saddle underneath (blue) is a bit tatty. As I've recounted previously, I stupidly threw an important part away during the work - the spindle of all things! This had to be re-made to dimensions that took me ages to calculate / guess and draw. It all seems to work, but said granddaughter hasn't road tested it yet. She's an unwitting joint member of the Veteran-Cycle Club (not sure if she's the youngest) and I hope to take her and the bike along to a Parabike meet in Kent on 9th June.
The work has been a a fairly steep learning curve for me, but mainly enjoyable. A silly amount of money has been spent, but I don't care. My granddaughter said that her granddaughter will ride it too one day! She's very good at saying the right thing.

Attachments

• Girl's Parabike restored.jpg
    Girl's Parabike restored.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 127

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
very nice and well done

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That looks ACE!

Top Bottom