Bsa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paxterg

Veteran
Does anyone know anything about this bike, probably early 1990,s
E56E4C20-4255-49D8-8A77-4BAC085513F6.jpeg

Stompier

Early 80s rather than early 90s, I would say. Possibly 70s.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Cool looking bike, there might be a date stamp on the hubs or a frame number somewhere that’ll give you a clue.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd agree about the earlier dating, probably seventies. It's in nice condition and looks all original. Any model name anywhere? Looks like a budget type with the steel rims. Derailleur looks like a Sachs Huret. The shorty mudguards would be an after market fitment.
What do you intend doing with it?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'd agree about the earlier dating, probably seventies. It's in nice condition and looks all original. Any model name anywhere? Looks like a budget type with the steel rims. Derailleur looks like a Sachs Huret. The shorty mudguards would be an after market fitment.
What do you intend doing with it?

The mudguards might not be after market, my BSA originally had short mudguards.
0CE28ECE-3F03-4BD4-ACAB-A2DDA7CEA7BB.jpeg

OP
OP
P

paxterg

Veteran
It’s on eBay, I’m tempted to buy as I used to have what I think is this bike. Although I had this bike late 80’s early 90’s which doesn’t fit in what what most people think the bike is. It was a great bike, light, nicely geared. Nostalgia is ruling my head, if it is the same bike!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It’s on eBay, I’m tempted to buy as I used to have what I think is this bike. Although I had this bike late 80’s early 90’s which doesn’t fit in what what most people think the bike is. It was a great bike, light, nicely geared. Nostalgia is ruling my head, if it is the same bike!

Nostalgia, it ain’t what it used to be.

It also cost a feckin fortune does nostalgia. Been there done it.

I had a look at the listing, it looks in good nick, I’d go for it.

OP
OP
P

paxterg

Veteran
I agree, nostalgia can be a cruel mistress, it’s a BSA by Raleigh, so a Raleigh basically. I’m guessing even though it might be a 70’s bike the frame stayed the same until I bought it sometime later. Does this seem plausible?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I agree, nostalgia can be a cruel mistress, it’s a BSA by Raleigh, so a Raleigh basically. I’m guessing even though it might be a 70’s bike the frame stayed the same until I bought it sometime later. Does this seem plausible?
I’m no expert, but it looks the same as my 70’s BSA.

ExpatTyke

Yorkshireman in Deepest Somerset
I've got one like that.

Mine's a 1986 model from the frame number; the number's stamped on the back of the seat tube.

I bought a Sun Solo frame a few weeks ago which looks identical to the BSA's frame - obviously a Raleigh standard part used for several brands

It's a nice bike to ride; mine gets used for trips into town and commuting on wet days.

Top Bottom