BT Home Hub 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've just installed my new Home Hub 2 after a friend mentioned he had a significant speed improvement. We live in a rural area and our speeds are grim compared with major towns or cities. Anyway just a note to anyone who has similar issues, if you call BT and ask for an upgrade to Home Hub 2 they will send one FOC. It's quick and simple to install and noticeably faster. I understand after a few days for the line to "settle down" the speed should improve further

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thanks for that leg-up. I rang them and discovered that they recently upgraded us to a faster service so now they are sending the new HomeHub. When I asked what we should do with the old one they said "keep it for spare"!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Far be it from me to knock you out of your urban prejudices but Chorley is actually on the list for fibre optics, considerably higher up the list than many 'urban' areas :angry:. Brinscall, Leyland etc isn't but that's the same everywhere else.

mr Mag00

rising member
i guess you need a home hub in the first place have you run a speed test to see what speed your line is anyway. i havent bothered as we only half a paltry half meg speed here so no need to get homehub yet or anything resembling modern technology like watching tv online :angry:

OP
OP
PaulSB

PaulSB

Legendary Member
marinyork said:
Far be it from me to knock you out of your urban prejudices but Chorley is actually on the list for fibre optics, considerably higher up the list than many 'urban' areas xx(. Brinscall, Leyland etc isn't but that's the same everywhere else.

Although my location is down as Chorley I live in Withnell Fold and share the exchange with Brinscall, a Blackburn number. I only put location as Chorley as I wouldn't expect many on here to know Withnell Fold!!!! Although Jason Quealy lives there as well. Two quality cyclists in one village. B)

Top Bottom