Bt internet billing: gawd !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
I cancelled Bt internet 2 months ago and stopped my direct debit immediately. They sent me one bill after, which I ignored and I've just received another.
So I got on the phone and rang the number on the bill: 45 minutes and eleven people later I finally got through to someone who sounded they knew what they were talking about and who agreed not to send me any more bills.
Operative number six, who was about to transfer me to operative number seven and to whom I courteously expressed my exasperation at being given a grand tour of BT Internet, actually put the phone down on me, so I had to start again.
What a shower!

domtyler

Über Member
Just get two phones and call BT from both of them, then put the earpieces together and listen as they get stuck in an infinite loop. :smile:

wafflycat

BT are a PITA. Chateau Wafflycat has been involved in a long-running dispute with BT over billing, to the extent we involved the chairman of said organisation whose office admitted a screw-up and waived many a charge, we we then got billed for by another section of said organisation - cue many a heading back to bothering chairman of said organisation... When it comes to BT and billing rearrange these into a well-known phrase

a can't pi$$-up brewery a in organise

Maz

Guru
walker said:
and all based in India, so no one understands you, great.
Unnu kyu nay samaj aanda, walker? Jaddo mai uddenal gal karda, bilkul samaj aanda! 'BT' de matalab 'Bangalore Telecom', yaar! :tongue:

bianchi1

Guru
All i wanted to do with BT was change the account name from my ex wife to my name. Thats just change the name.....nothing else. I had been paying the bill for 2 years from my bank and the Internet account had my name on it. After 1 month of call center madness and letters being sent by my ex wife confirming that she did not mind the change over, all seemed well. Then i awoke to find my phone number had changed and my broadband had been cut off!! I had asked again and again if this would happen and was assured it would not.
Cue more phone calls and apologies the result being that i had to reorder all the Internet stuff ( free but 7 day wait ) but my number change has not been reversed. then to top it all they send the close of account cheque to my ex wife but they spell her name wrong so she cant cash it and give me the money. O yes and they charged me £ 5 cancellation fee for stopping the broadband that i didnt want stopped!

Trillian

i had that betty,

when you cancel it they imediately stop the direct debit but they have a final bill that comes after the DD of any charges etc that occured between the previous bill and you canceling it.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Trillian said:
i had that betty,

when you cancel it they imediately stop the direct debit but they have a final bill that comes after the DD of any charges etc that occured between the previous bill and you canceling it.

But this bill is for three months' accumulation of charges!!

Top Bottom