BT Openreach, the new idiots of the road?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
Do not complain to BT. They separated from Openreach sometime ago. They still do work for BT but are not the same thing. The regulator forced them to separate They also somewhat annoyingly do not have a front of house. Or at least this is what I was told when my phone was down for three weeks.
You're right. BT Openreach can be had to complain to. They don't have to worry about consumer complaints. A lot of haulage firms are the same where they only deal with business.

Vans, size wise are between cars and the bigger vehicles such as buses and lorries. Unlike the bigger vehicles who are less likely to squeeze thru gaps and more likely to give a wider berth, vans are in that zone, slightly wider than cars and quite nimble so they do give it a go.

I don't think bad van drivers tend to gravitate to a particular firm. Chances are that Utility vans like courier vans tend to take more jobs in a day and we see them more often. And their routes are not the same which compounds the matter.

I pay particular attention to vans, rather unpredictable when it comes to stops, change of lanes, road conduct. And you can see many of them chatting with their workmates seated next to them as they go about their work.

tournut

Vans, size wise are between cars and the bigger vehicles such as buses and lorries. Unlike the bigger vehicles who are less likely to squeeze thru gaps and more likely to give a wider berth, vans are in that zone, slightly wider than cars and quite nimble so they do give it a go.

I don't think bad van drivers tend to gravitate to a particular firm. Chances are that Utility vans like courier vans tend to take more jobs in a day and we see them more often. And their routes are not the same which compounds the matter.

I pay particular attention to vans, rather unpredictable when it comes to stops, change of lanes, road conduct. And you can see many of them chatting with their workmates seated next to them as they go about their work.
I have same problem with arriva bus drivers coming out of there depot in such a rush. I emailed them, think got sorted as now thay slow down when bikes on same rd. Last year sent email to stagecoach manchester as one driver cut me up, sent time date and where it happend told them if not phone me within 24hour i would have to report to police, it got sorted and was told driver got rollocking. And i got comp out of them. Dont give up keep emailing them.

I have same problem with arriva bus drivers coming out of there depot in such a rush. I emailed them, think got sorted as now thay slow down when bikes on same rd. Last year sent email to stagecoach manchester as one driver cut me up, sent time date and where it happend told them if not phone me within 24hour i would have to report to police, it got sorted and was told driver got rollocking. And i got comp out of them. Dont give up keep emailing them.

I thing I would be keen would a phone app similar to the one where you report potholes. If it becomes easier to report and in numbers, we might get a change in attitude over time.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Do not complain to BT. They separated from Openreach sometime ago. They still do work for BT but are not the same thing. The regulator forced them to separate They also somewhat annoyingly do not have a front of house. Or at least this is what I was told when my phone was down for three weeks.

Not quite. Openretch, excuse me, I mean Openreach are most certainly a division of BT. The regulator required BT to run Openreach as its own division separate from BT Retail in an attempt to ensure that BT's competitors could get fair access to BT's network. (Had Ofcom done it properly, it would have mandated that BT run Openreach as a fully separate entity with its own published accounts. Or force its sale entirely. That way we just might have had some decent telephone and broadband services in this country. But I digress... ) The upshot is, BT is definitely the company to complain to. Though I must confess I'm not sure just where in BT you'd be best complain to. Perhaps the Executive Office - a complaint addressed to the CEO ought to get some attention...

Top Bottom