BTWIN Alur 700

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't like the rear brake set up TBH, it may work well but it looks clunky, and the rear end where the brake should be now looks like something's missing, which of course it is, but IMO it just makes it look odd.

When I saw the missing brake bridge I actually assumed it was going to be on discs, sadly not.

Seems to offer good VFM though, shame about it's Marmite looks.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
My old Saracen MTB has brakes beneath the chain stays. I thought this was a fad that everyone moved away from.

But there again my Saracen has Biopace chain rings. And that idea seems to be making a comeback :rolleyes:.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
Looks good for the money but I'm not keen on the rear brake set up.

jiberjaber

Veteran
There seem to be a lot of comments about the brake position on the direct mount. In practise majority of the dirt accumulates on the back of the seat stay and non makes it to the brake pads themselves.

Can I ask a genuine question? As a mountain biker, I don't really concern myself with road bikes, but the rear brake setup of this bike interests me.

If it is a genuine aerodynamic advantage to have the back brake down by the bottom bracket, why don't all the bikes on the Tour de Yorkshire have this? Do the bike rules for road racing differ from triathlon?

I would be grateful if someone could clue me in, please......

Dazzetski

Well I've gone for the B'Twin, my next question is until I can afford some new ones, do I use the schwalbe durano tyres from my now winter bike or stick with the Hutchison Equinox tyres that came with it?

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Well I've gone for the B'Twin, my next question is until I can afford some new ones, do I use the schwalbe durano tyres from my now winter bike or stick with the Hutchison Equinox tyres that came with it?

Hutchison Equinox are poo poo - if it was me I'd be putting the Durano on it, asap.

Top Bottom