BTwin/Decathlon jerseys?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
Has anyone tried the B'Twin jerseys from Decathlon? I need to get a new jersey or 2 for my commutes but don't want to spend a fortune.

I'm quite picky with my clothing but these look quite good. I just don't want them to fall apart after the first ride and wash.

£15 shirt

£20 shirt

PpPete

Legendary Member
I got some bright yellow XS BTwin jerseys for my kids in a French Decathlon as theu are not keen on Hi-viz waistcoats
€9.99 /ea They have been great. Made in Morocco (the next China?) Stitiching quality is excellent.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a couple of there cheapo ones and they are fine. The only thing i would change on the cheap ones is to improve the rear pocket. I like to have it sectioned rather than one big zip pocket.

Nick_B

I've a couple of the cheap tops and a few pairs of shorts. All very serviceable and good value.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The cheap s/s jersey (blue tag or what ever range) are good - only one zipped pocket, but I don't need pockets on my commute - £7.99 bargain. Loads of colours two. Had my red top a year, with use throughout summer.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Yea I agree with the £7.99 jobbies, I brought the red one sunday and im loving it. Its a lovely strong red too !!

400bhp

Guru
Agreed.

I have a £7.99 jobbie - a perfect undergarment.

I also bought the slightly cheaper running version.

From my recent experience I have to say that the quality of Decathlon stuff seems to be very good, although you have to watch them with some items which can be relatively expensive.

The £20 bib shorts are excellent.

georgiebuzz

Not only are the decathlon £8.00 jerseys good value and good quality, the cut is a tad more flattering for us f*t Bast**ds. There is not quite the "elastic uplift" in the girth overhang region as most jerseys, the cut is more like a freeride jersey.

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
georgiebuzz said:
Not only are the decathlon £8.00 jerseys good value and good quality, the cut is a tad more flattering for us f*t Bast**ds. There is not quite the "elastic uplift" in the girth overhang region as most jerseys, the cut is more like a freeride jersey.

SOLD :biggrin:

All good reports. I'm not expecting something of Assos quality, but it looks as if these will do the job nicely.

I'll have to take a ride across London on Saturday and have a look at the them, might even check out the shorts so I can save my nice ones for the weekend.

rb58

Enigma
I've had cheap stuff and more expensive gear from Decathlon. All good quality and great value. So long as you're not a brand snob that is.....

lewjamben

georgiebuzz said:

I had to laugh at that, as that was what I first thought when I tried one on! I've had mine for a few months now and it's been ace. I plan on getting one or two more when I get the chance. For that kind of price, you really can't go wrong!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
georgiebuzz said:

- On the other hand - (if you are not a f*t [- fat or fit?] Bast**rd ) IMO the jerseys would benefit from an elasticated hem, as there is slight looseness at the waist. Would also benefit from a divided rear pocket. BUT at 7.99 they are fantastic value, - I bought 3 - and I really like the fact that they are plain, one colour. They seem to wear and wash as well as any other pricier jersey. Wish they still sold orange ones though - seem to have reduced the colour range since last year.

Top Bottom