BTwin turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freds Dad

Veteran
As the weather is rubbish, I'm new to cycling and I don't want to go to far in case my knee plays up I thought I'd start with a turbo trainer but didn't realise how may there were.

Anyway I came across this at Decathlon

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/inride-bike-trainer-black-blue-id_8191570.html

and would appreciate and advice or comments if its a good buy or not. I know I will need a front wheel riser but apart from that is there anything else I would need.

Thanks

Fubar

Guru
As the weather is rubbish, I'm new to cycling and I don't want to go to far in case my knee plays up I thought I'd start with a turbo trainer but didn't realise how may there were.

Anyway I came across this at Decathlon

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/inride-bike-trainer-black-blue-id_8191570.html

and would appreciate and advice or comments if its a good buy or not. I know I will need a front wheel riser but apart from that is there anything else I would need.

Thanks

I don't have that one but I have the Elite, also from Decathlon - if you are new to cycling I wouldn't get too hung up on how good it is, it will provide enough resistance for training (6 settings, mine only has 5) on so it just comes down to what you can afford and how much effort you put in.

Make sure it is stable (i.e. doesn't wobble), you will need a squewer (? spelling!) adapter for the rear wheel to fix into the turbo, it may come supplied - and a sweat catcher might be a good idea too as you will be dripping.

Spending an hour just spinning on a turbo can be murder and much harder than being outside (it is very boring!), try to find some interval training on T'interweb or PM me and I'll send you some stuff - really comes down to what you want to achieve from your turbo sessions.

Good luck! Mark

subaqua

What’s the point
thats the one wifeys bike is set up on to get her used to cycling again . comes with the skewer thingy. its Ok and as stated make sure its level and stable, she nearly had hers over on the wobble

rossg1990

Regular
I also have the Elite Crono Mag turbo from Decathlon. I went for it over the B'twin one as it just looked a bit better quality in terms of build. It's more than adequate for a new cyclist. Comes with a QR Skewer and front riser block too. Pretty quiet compared to alot of turbos and doesn't wear the tyre out like alot of others do either. The resistance levels are absolutely fine for the beginner. You'd want to have a powerful fan blowing in your face while using it as you'll sweat, alot, and keep a towel handy too.

I've been using mine regular during the winter and never had any issues with it. Definitely recommend it for what you want to use it for

OP
OP
Freds Dad

Freds Dad

Veteran
Thanks for all the input. I've bought an Elite Volero which had been used only a couple of times for £65.

I now need to set it up and get pedalling.

Top Bottom