Btwin vs ribble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guy Smith

Hello all,

Looking to get a new bike for around 750 ish use for racing and day rides. So far am looking at a Btwin ultra 700 af and a ribble 7046 sportive curved. Anyone got any recommendations for either or something else for what I'm looking for? Thanks guy

U

User6179

The 2016 Giant tcr advanced were selling for 800 quid , dont know if they are still available , Cannondale supersix also 800 at Start cycles

Joffey

Big Dosser
I'm a big fan of B'Twin bikes but I'm not keen on the Ultra 700 but the Ultra 700 AF looks to have been upgraded. I had issue with the cheap chainset but they have since replaced this on the new model with a Shimano non series RS500 setup. When I owned mine I was impressed with the direct mount breaks and the overall handling of the bike. It is value.

Currently they have the Mach 720 at £880 - this is the bike that Decathlon upgraded me to due to some Ultra 700 issues. If you can afford the extra £130 it is well worth spending the extra - it is a really smooth, comfortable ride and a slightly more aggressive set up (good if you are racing).

I did Ride 100 on my Mach 720 this year and found it a joy.

Top Bottom