Btwin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Daft indeed. I bought a B'Twin carbon bike with full campagnolo for about £300 cheaper than any other comparable bike. You do know that all the frames, wheels, groupsets etc for practically all the mainstream bikes come from the same Taiwanese factories don't you?

I hadn't really thought that much about it tbh, just a reaction on my part. Who puts the bikes together?

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
A pal of mine has just got a Btwin Triban 500. For less than £300 it's brilliant value for money, he loves it and is really getting into road cycling because of it.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I know comparatively little about bikes and for some reason don't like the idea of B'Twin, purely because they're from Decathlon, for some reason I would rather have something that's made by a 'bike brand'.

Daft perhaps but there you go.

It's daft but I'll admit to also admit to this 'brand snobbery.'

Even though I know nothing about the history and heritage of bikes, and cycle sport, it's still established brands that appeal to me.

I'd happily ride a Boardman, but just the fact they're exclusive to Halfords rules it out. I just cringe when I imagine looking as if I just went straight to halfords and bought the most expensive bike they have...

Ridiculous, I know, but that's what I associate Boardman bikes with.

J1888

Über Member
It's daft but I'll admit to also admit to this 'brand snobbery.'

Even though I know nothing about the history and heritage of bikes, and cycle sport, it's still established brands that appeal to me.

I'd happily ride a Boardman, but just the fact they're exclusive to Halfords rules it out. I just cringe when I imagine looking as if I just went straight to halfords and bought the most expensive bike they have...

Ridiculous, I know, but that's what I associate Boardman bikes with.

Same here re. Boardman. However, I'm told that their high end bikes are not Halfords exclusives...

Top Bottom