BUCS hill climb event 24/10/09

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
maybe a few more details, its up the steep fecker of a climb called Curbar in Derbyshire, starts about midday on saturday i believe, just over a mile long avg 15% or so...

Will1985

Über Member
1pm for the guys, 12:30 for the girls. I will be there halfway up the hill cheering on and taking photos. It will take at least 6 minutes.

I'll be hanging round at the bottom from about 11:30 with the Birmingham riders hopefully.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yes. It's a bit quieter than some of the other options which I'm guessing why it was chosen. The Nationals in 2008 were held in a similar area a few miles down the road. Personally I think it's more fun than Baslow or Beeley anyway.

Will1985

Über Member
Well I spent 3 hours up near the top of the climb - 2 of them in the rain - taking photos of all the riders and giving them a bit of support.

Here is ilovebikes:

4040512462_f7cee68eba_o.jpg

I'll be uploading the rest of the pics over the next few days, but I've put up a few more of Andy to start the set on flickr.

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
i'm not going to lie, that was not a good ride, in fact i went faster on the training ride last wednesday up the same climb 108/150 is just embarassing ;) 7.56 :blush: :laugh:

so i'm going to vow publicly on the forum, to take a least a minute off of that time in the champs next year, genuinely p'eed off and dissapointed with myself

thanks for taking the pics will, you must have been pretty chilly by the end...

4040512154_a09585758f.jpg

marinyork

ilovebikes said:
i'm not going to lie, that was not a good ride, in fact i went faster on the training ride last wednesday up the same climb 108/150 is just embarassing :blush: 7.56 :laugh: :laugh:

A club went up Curbar ;)? I've seen plenty go up Froggat and Beeley. Geez.

I'm sure you did well. If you want to practice I'd probably follow the great Bonj's advice and do Horsleygate or Hagg Hill.

darkstar

A mate of mine from uni competed in this, finished in around 7:40, i just can't believe how quick the leaders came in, absolutely awesome! Think i'll give it a go next year :ohmy:

marinyork

darkstar said:
A mate of mine from uni competed in this, finished in around 7:40, i just can't believe how quick the leaders came in, absolutely awesome! Think i'll give it a go next year :ohmy:

You can get quite close on the train, hop off at Grindleford. There are even a few trains running direct from Liverpool.

Will1985

Über Member
I've put all the photos up now. I was well prepared for the rain with waterproofs etc. I think I may have got bored easily if I didn't have company up there!

darkstar

Will1985 said:
I've put all the photos up now. I was well prepared for the rain with waterproofs etc. I think I may have got bored easily if I didn't have company up there!
Some nice shots, there's one of my mate, he looks absolutely knackered, as you'd expect ha

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
getting better on this hill now, did a varsity hill climb this morning and did a 7.26, shaving off half a minute from my time in october ;) should be able to ditch another 30 seconds in october hopefully.

Top Bottom