BugEyed QNT Built & Just About Sorted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WIGHTDIAMOND

Just need to connect the brakes, get the chain on and tweak and she'll be on the road. Spent yesterday evening and a good part of today carefully washing/cleaning every component, lubing when needed, then protecting and polishing with Bilt Hamber caunuba wax. Put new tubes in all round and greased everything that needed greasing! :wacko: She looks the part now, though and can't really distinguish her from new, so pleased with the purchase.

And the two high-powered lights transferred from my standard bike make her look bugeyed, hence the reference. ^_^

BUGEYE.png

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Looks just like mine:smile:

Looks good ....... :okay:

I don't know if this has been mentioned to you before but .......
A rare accident on a recumbent trike is if your foot slips off the pedal and then hits the ground.
If your foot then stops moving whilst the trike doesn't, the cross frame can give you an extra bend in the leg.
If you're just going to be sticking around your local area then your probably be fine.
But if you want to go any distance/speed then something like SPD pedals are probably advisable.

Luck ............ ^_^

OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

A rare accident on a recumbent trike is if your foot slips off the pedal and then hits the ground.
If your foot then stops moving whilst the trike doesn't, the cross frame can give you an extra bend in the leg.
If you're just going to be sticking around your local area then your probably be fine.
But if you want to go any distance/speed then something like SPD pedals are probably advisable.

Luck ............ ^_^

Many thanks for that! Yes, someone did mention that on one of the FB trike forums. I'll be doing just that!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....

Luck ............ ^_^

Good shout. When I went and test rode my 'Q' the owner asked that I bring SPD shoes for this reason. I recently bought my first 2 wheeled recumbent, and on the first proper ride didn't bother 'clipping in'. It surprised me just how often my feet were bounced off the pedals, presumably because you don't have a great deal of weight on them like you do an upwrong. Less risk of an injury since the pedals are so much higher up, and no cross brace to worry about, but still an opportunity for leg suck. Next ride will be clipped in.

Top Bottom