bugged.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
There's a piece of music that's been doing the rounds for at least 15 years. It's currently being used for the MFI ads as a guitar version. It's original recording is on the accordion and it's a really cool piece. Does anyone know what I mean? what's it called?

Arch

Married to Night Train
dan_bo said:
There's a piece of music that's been doing the rounds for at least 15 years. It's currently being used for the MFI ads as a guitar version. It's original recording is on the accordion and it's a really cool piece. Does anyone know what I mean? what's it called?

I can't recall it just now, but I have seen the ad...

While we're on the subject, anyone know what the piece is that's been adapted for the Garmin Satnav ad? Also being used in the original in ads for FilmFour...

dan_bo said:
wicked cheers. that's been doing my head in for years and years. I thought It was the future sound of london but I suppose the Orb isn't a million miles different eh :evil:

i think the Orb remix is on "Preludes, Airs and Yodels" a compilation out a few years ago. My fave version of the track is on Concert Program, but that's as it's the live version that i've heard the PCO play many times where it comes in after two very sad pieces and when the (found) harmonium starts up it really makes my skin break out in goodebumps and my heart soar.

i don't know who does the MFI one, i only heard it last night for the first time, but, as i said, it's a favourite in folk/celtic circles and has been covered a few times.

http://www.penguincafe.com/ will have more info

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Thank you,
I don't own a TV and I've kept hearing Music For A Found Harmonium, and not a version I've heard before, coming thru the floor from my neighbours telly above! I'd guessed it was used in an advert because it comes on almost every 20mins.

Mystery solved.

T x

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
It's used all over the shop- I find it fits well with sitting on a train. It also reminds me of post-club sessions when I was getting off me face with the sun coming up *sigh* those were the days........when I had brain cells to spare.

the PCO version on Concert Program is the best version for me. well, apart from the versions in my head from shows over the years (especially last week).

the title of the track refers to the fact Jeffes found a harmonium in the street in japan. it had been thrown out, so he 'adopted' it and wrote that piece for it to play.

Top Bottom