1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build up to the 2017 season

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Marmion, 7 Dec 2016.

1. Marmion

Marmion Guru

There's quite a bit happening now in the build up to the new season that doesn't quite fit into "rumours and transfers" category.

New events appearing, some events disappearing, some events being renamed, a team maybe not being granted a licence, etc.

Fill yer boots with the season build up gossip and facts :okay:

Last edited: 7 Dec 2016
  2. brommers

brommers Years beyond my wisdom

Although I prefer road racing, I've enjoyed the current spate of track racing, particularly the 6 day events. They are well attended and provide good entertainment in the road 'off season' and I can see the amount of events increasing.

3. lyn1

lyn1 Well-Known Member

Rumor: Departures from sinking ship: Meintjes to DDD; Rui Costa to Katusha; T J Sports to withdraw next week. Team to be Pro Conti at best.

smutchin and Marmion like this.
  4. Marmion

Marmion Guru

Bauke Mollema confirms his GT plans for 2017 - racing for GC in the Giro and supporting Dirty Bertie at the Tour

5. oldroadman

oldroadman Veteran

All those lucky so and so's training in warm weather...when here it's wet and drizzly, or freezing cold. Just like being based in Belgium really, where pre-season training is usually horrible and prepares well for the early season races. When I was a lad we dreamed of riding in't warm sunshine.....etc. :laugh:

6. DP

DP Chasse patate

Don't forget that the cross season is in full swing.

There's some great racing going on.

Wout van Aert and Matthieu van der Poel duking it out in the men's and Sanne Cant doing the business in the women's.

7. Marmion

Marmion Guru

8. Marmion

Marmion Guru

Name (Ex) change for next season, Orica-Scott

9. Marmion

Marmion Guru

New BMC kit
    Czf9sy9WQAAffr8.jpg

Attached Files:

brommers likes this.
  10. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

And he didn't break his collar bone, suffer a fever or need a spare shoe from a rider from another team during the photo shoot...

Attached Files:

11. ItsSteveLovell

ItsSteveLovell Veteran

Looks great, if I hadn't just ordered a brand new Scott I may have bought a BMC just to ride round in this strip

Attached Files:

12. Marmion

Marmion Guru

Assos kit is probably just as expensive as a new bike...

13. lyn1

lyn1 Well-Known Member

ONE Pro drop to Conti (reduced salary and weaker program) sees more riders leaving:
    Jensen to Coop
    Lawless to Axeon

14. HF2300

HF2300 Insanity Prawn Boy

Ah, you'll notice his bike's missing though...

15. Marmion

Marmion Guru

Tiesj Benoot, who had been signed to Lotto Soudal until the end of 2017, has extended his contract until the end of 2019.