Builders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
So we are having some guy in today to do some work. Cool it's been booked for a few weeks now.
He calls Friday to confirm and we say ok.
He arrives on time this morning and has a look round and says I just need to pop to get a new drill as his packed up yesterday.
5 hours later and I have called 3 times and he is nowhere to be seen.

Strange as he has traveled a distance to get here so maybe he has had a crash or something ?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
He's just hopping between jobs, keeping nobody happy in the process...

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Sorry to break it to you but he has gone on another job and will not be back until Monday at the earliest. If you ever do get hold of him he will be "just around the corner" and only popped in to see you to try and keep you sweet.

ChrisKH

Guru
I wouldn't be surprised if you never see him again. He's misquoted and realised it's going to cost him double. Summat like that. I'm a terrible cynic aren't I?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
One of those little annoying builder anomalies they like to foist upon us. Along with.."yep on it right now".... only to get home to find it hasn't been done.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ChrisKH said:
I wouldn't be surprised if you never see him again. He's misquoted and realised it's going to cost him double. Summat like that. I'm a terrible cynic aren't I?

I think its more realism unfortunately....

He will either be job floating or as above, misquoted and knobbed off.

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
Thing is this is a recommendation from advertising at work so it's out to 5000 people +. Now I can easily report on his work as turning up and doing a runner !

I reckon he is off to help his mate so they can spend the afternoon outside in the sun.
Then tomorrow his mate will come here to help him

The wife isn't going to be pleased when she gets home !

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
He's come, had a quick look and either doesn't fancy the job any more, or, he has a better paying job elsewhere. Tell him to bog off and get a new builder.

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
Just checked out the window - No sign
I can safely say he is not coming back today.

Maybe he has had an accident, you never know.

4F

Downward said:
Just checked out the window - No sign
I can safely say he is not coming back today.

Maybe he has had an accident, you never know.

So a builder comes to a job having already quoted on it and then claims that he cannot start as he needs to buy a new drill and you have not seen him since and he is not answering his phone.

He has done a runner and I regret to say you will probably not see him again. If by any coincidence he does ever come back make sure you do not pay him until the job is complete and to your complete satisfaction. Do not believe anything they say about needing the cash up front to buy materials.

4F

Downward said:
Shite - More bothered about whether I need waste my time waiting in on him tomorrow.

Have you spoken to anyone who has used him previously ?

Top Bottom