Building a TT bike - approximate cost?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
If I already had wheels, cassette and frame - but nothing else - just wondering what the outlay would be for all other parts, if anyone on here has done it before? I can obviously work it out roughly myself, but would like to hear experience of others. I worked out other components would be tt bars and handlebars, stem, brake and gear levers, front/rear derailluer, chain, brakes, chainset and cranks, seatpost, saddle and cables. Phew! Now it's all written down seems quite a lot. Don't mind the second hand route. Would like to hear the views of others.
Oops! Forgot bottom bracket. And pedals!

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It depends on how specific you want to be: my Principia TT2 light with Dura-Ace/Ultegra was built up for about £350 in total, including wheels, frame etc., by being less selective about parts sourcing. I'd suggest about £100-150 as you use bar end shifters that are cheaper.

TT2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
It depends on how specific you want to be: my Principia TT2 light with Dura-Ace/Ultegra was built up for about £350 in total, including wheels, frame etc., by being less selective about parts sourcing. I'd suggest about £100-150 as you use bar end shifters that are cheaper.

View attachment 435477
Wow! That's cheaper than I expected.

Top Bottom