Bungee cords

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by chris__P, 23 Apr 2010.

1. chris__P

chris__P Active Member

Anyone know of a good place to get bungee cords cheap?
    Thanks

2. ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

Halfrauds?

3. ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

4. OP
    OP
    chris__P

chris__P Active Member

halfrauds aint cheap. last time i went touring i only had one, then i found one on the road and realised that 2 were better. then i lost both of them (well they were stolen actually) so then i had none. but the other day i found one on the road again. so now i have one, maybe i will start my imminent next tour with just one in the hope of finding another one

5. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

I bought a set of different sized bungees at LIDL about 2 years ago. It only cost a few pounds. It was probably a 'special', never-to-be-repeated though. They come in really handy - I always take a couple with me when taking my bike by train to secure it and stop it swinging about or falling over.

Hey, I've found exactly the same set on eBay. The vendor probably bought a job lot from LIDL and is flogging them at 200% markup! ;)

6. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Most markets have a tool and hardware stall. Got mine for 50p each.

7. barnesy

barnesy Well-Known Member

Tesco have them sometimes or if you have a poundland near theyre £1 for 2

8. guitarpete247

guitarpete247 Just about surviving

In North west Leicestershire Gillivers is your best source. I'm sure rest of country will have similar local variations. I've bought several from here.

9. hubbike

hubbike Senior Member

local army surplas shop

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice