Burls Ti frame - finished article!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sooo jealous :biggrin: :smile:

Truly stunning bike, it really is. What's the weight of it with the disc brakes?

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Radius said:
I'd flip the stem, but it's a lovely bike. What Kinesis forks are they?

They are DC19's. I'm thinking about getting aero type bars with a short drop, I may think about flipping the stem if I go down that road.

Took her out tonight for 22 miles or so and she rides like a dream; smooth and silky, fast and responsive and comfy as you like! :smile:

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
scotbiker said:
Sooo jealous :biggrin: :smile:

Truly stunning bike, it really is. What's the weight of it with the disc brakes?

Thanks! Slightly disappointed that it came in at 9.9Kg, was hoping to get closer to 9. The decision to stay with disc brakes has tied my hands a wee bit though. They are still the old wheels, so I may be able to shave a bit more off when it comes their turn to be upgraded!

dodgy

I think that's one of the drawbacks with discs on road bikes, you're limited with wheel selection - certainly factory wheels anyway.

Having said that, I'd have chosen discs on my PX given the choice.

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
dodgy said:
I think that's one of the drawbacks with discs on road bikes, you're limited with wheel selection - certainly factory wheels anyway.

Having said that, I'd have chosen discs on my PX given the choice.

Very much so, but having spent all that money on a custom frame and the SRAM groupset it would seem silly to use off the peg wheels when I decide to replace them!

dodgy

There are some great off the peg wheels though. But I bet a good builder could knock something up that is worthy and a good match for your other components and frame.

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Well due to popular demand I have flipped the stem and, yes, it does look better.

Unfortunately the reach is just a wee bit too long, so a new stem is on order as well as a new handlebar with short drops.

scook94 said:
Thanks! Slightly disappointed that it came in at 9.9Kg, was hoping to get closer to 9. The decision to stay with disc brakes has tied my hands a wee bit though. They are still the old wheels, so I may be able to shave a bit more off when it comes their turn to be upgraded!

Still stunning at 22lbs. :biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Scook, your bike was pointed out on my thread about disc brake roadbikes, I'd come to the conclusion that a custom Ti frame was the way to go as well. However the vote so far has been for steel rather than carbon forks. Any chance you could give more detailed specs on the bike? Weights on the frame, forks and details of what components you've used, I can look up component weights but the frame is a bit tricky. Which hubs and which mechanical disc brakes as well?

Ah, sod it, everything you know!!!, and can be bothered typing :biggrin:

OP
OP
scook94

scook94

Veteran
Scook, your bike was pointed out on my thread about disc brake roadbikes, I'd come to the conclusion that a custom Ti frame was the way to go as well. However the vote so far has been for steel rather than carbon forks. Any chance you could give more detailed specs on the bike? Weights on the frame, forks and details of what components you've used, I can look up component weights but the frame is a bit tricky. Which hubs and which mechanical disc brakes as well?

Ah, sod it, everything you know!!!, and can be bothered typing :biggrin:

Just PM-ed.

Top Bottom