Cyclopathic
Legendary Member
- Location
- Leicester.
I seem to have very little problem with busses. In general I feel safer having to deal with busses than cars and vans. For the most part I find them extremely competent and aware of the road. I think it is because they are trained and also their entire livelihood is dependent on not having accidents so I think this focuses their mind to the job at hand.
I have a similar experience with taxis as well both private hire and hackney. I know from first hand experience that the last thing a taxi driver wants is an accident, least of all one where they are at fault. This has as much to do with enlightened self interest as it does consideration but the results are the same.
It is just my experience and just in Leicester but I find professional drivers are in the main a lot less problematic than other drivers whose mind and attention may be on a million and one things. I cant remember having sen a taxi driver on a mobile (not saying it doesn't happen) for instance.
I have a similar experience with taxis as well both private hire and hackney. I know from first hand experience that the last thing a taxi driver wants is an accident, least of all one where they are at fault. This has as much to do with enlightened self interest as it does consideration but the results are the same.
It is just my experience and just in Leicester but I find professional drivers are in the main a lot less problematic than other drivers whose mind and attention may be on a million and one things. I cant remember having sen a taxi driver on a mobile (not saying it doesn't happen) for instance.