bus driver retaliation this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Enid Agnus Dei

Police might be interested so worth a punt as she was driving without due care etc not only that say by her giving you the finger and swearing it caused you alarm and or distress that way they will take more notice of you good luck keep us updated.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I would report to the company. Police not so much. The company can do a lot more in this case than the police can.

IncoherentJeff

Report it to the bus company!

That said, I was in an bus when a man (I would guess in his late 60's) was caught in the door and dragged along stuck on the outside of the bus.
The man was obviously upset but said he was ok.
I wasn't impressed & didn't know who was at fault, but I felt it needed to be looked into.

So I sent the bus company an email explaining which bus I was on (inc the Reg number, time, date & location), I described the situation in as much detail as I could from my vantage point on the bus.

I finished the email with "I did not see how this situation developed, so I am unaware of if the driver or gentleman who got trapped was at fault. However I would like to suggest you review the incident on your CCTV. So we can ensure that this or something more serious does not happen again".

It was a modern city bus covered in cameras. I've received no reply & this was back in October, so thanks to their poor customer service I've not been on one of their buses this year.

Phone someone, you're probably less likely to get ignored than an email.

Crankarm

Guru
I would call the bus company and try to speak with some one in authority. Don't give your address for risk of reprisal if things become difficult. Also possibly the local authority especially if it is a bus company that provides services to schools or other groups over seen by your LA but calling them will depend on whether the instant company has public service contracts or merely a private operator, if the latter your options are a bit more limited. There is of course Twitter. I wouldn't bother calling plod waste of time. What it a public bus or private coach?

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I would report it to the company, whilst admitting you may have not been perfect it was no need to make the situation worse.

If the bus has CCTV on it they may be able to see her flicking the Vs.

dodd82

I recently had a bus come so close to me that it's step clipped my pedal. When I caught it up at the roundabout, the driver completely ignored me.

I sent a strong but courteous email to the bus company and was completely ignored, so have reported it to the police, who have confirmed that they are meeting with the company and driver.

This was before I had a helmet cam, and no witnesses.

Think I did the right thing. He probably didn't mean it aggressively, but if nothing else, he needs to be advised of how vulnerable cyclists are.

Same goes here. Even if you think it's not a major issue, a little education would probably help hugely, and it may save someone's life. See how the company respond, perhaps.

Top Bottom