Bus lane survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
is it me or did it seem to miss out the concept of bus lanes not always being 24/7 making answering some of those questions 'interesting'

raleighnut

Legendary Member
is it me or did it seem to miss out the concept of bus lanes not always being 24/7 making answering some of those questions 'interesting'
Yeah it didn't mention that, but then it didn't mention that nowadays bus drivers are barely trained minimum wage earners who don't give a sh*t about cyclists pedestrians or even their passengers. (BTW I have several friends who drive busses/coaches and that is their opinion as well as my observations, before any Professional bus drivers get the ar5e with me)

LauraTC79

Link took me to a closed survey :sad: I think cyclists and buses sharing one lane is asking for trouble.... Bus = Massive, Bike = Tiny

Bus lanes in central London are useful for cyclists.
Since First management and drivers put so much investment into cycle awareness, bus lanes in Leeds were great. Loads of absolutely impeccable driving.

Then the council allowed the ******** Leeds City Hackney Carriages in, to "share" the bus-and-cycle lanes. "Share" - my behind. A more cretinous bunch of ignorant, unprofessional, and downright dangerous neanderthals it would be hard to find.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Link took me to a closed survey :sad: I think cyclists and buses sharing one lane is asking for trouble.... Bus = Massive, Bike = Tiny
They work tolerably well in Manchester, but it helps to know which companies' personnel are willing to crush you to get to red lights before you, or regard not using cycle lanes as a capital offence.

One problem we have is that the stops aren't set into the footway, so quite often you're having to negotiate your way in and out of the bus lane as the busses make their stops.

Top Bottom