Busy afternoon of repairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

Why is it that you start out on a fairly simple task which shouldn't take too long and before you know it, you've spent an entire afternoon trying to fix your bike with nowt to show for it!?!?!?!?!

Wanted to try and sort out my wheels so out came the spoke key and sat on the floor for a while merrily tweeking! It worked a treat and then commenced the attempt at changing my brake cables. Seemed to be going well including getting the brakes set up and adjusted.......front one done and it no longer rubs so wheel is obviously straighter and the v brake actually moves correctly now thanks to new cables! Then to the back wheel. All going well until I overtightened the brake pad attachment and it's now completely bust! Shops shut, not chance of getting it sorted so had no option but to take the v brake from my sparkly new MTB and put it on my commuting MTB so that I can get to work tomorrow.....why didn't I just take my new bike I hear you cry.....coz the train I use if fully of bikes and people merrily lean their bikes on yours and I'm sad but don't want the new bike getting scratched! I know, I know....sad muppet! (especially considering the hammering it took at Thetford at the weekend! :blush:)

What should have been an hours worth of pottering took me nearly three! and now I have to buy a whole new v brake for the back as presume I can't just get the bit that's broken. Typical.

Hey ho....you live and learn!

domtyler

Über Member
Oh Janey, we do go round in circles don't we? :blush:

Top Bottom