Buy 1 get 1 half price!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benthedoon

Just a little deal at Halfords at the moment and I don't how long for.
I looked online for a water bottle and cage and saw that Halfords are doing 'buy 1 get 1 half price' on cycling accessories if you reserve online and collect instore, the bits I got came to £16 I paid £12.
Not a ground breaking deal but a saving's a saving.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
That's great if you can find more than 1 item you might want to purchase from them. I am looking for a Joeblow Sport track pump at the moment - currently £28.99 at Halfords (online) where it has apparently been on sale in the past for £49.99 (!) http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_178303_langId_-1_categoryId_165661
(instore price is £32.99). So it is advertised as a saving of £21. Elsewhere on the net you can pay less anyway but the rrp is consistently quoted as £32.99. So what is going on here? Have Halfords been charging £17.99 more than rrp in the past? At most you are now saving £4 - unless you buy two, of course. Misleading? Yes, definitely - Will I buy one from Halfords? Definitely not!

OP
OP
Benthedoon

Benthedoon

Big companies manipulating rrp so they can claim larger discounts during sales, surely not.
I just thought I'd post it because for bottles or cages or similar sundries they're comparable on price to everywhere else hence may be able to save a couple of quid.
I'm not the biggest Halfords fan myself and I certaiy wouldn't get them to fit anything to, service or repair my bike, Ive made that mistake before.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Fair enough - pity the poor misguided souls who paid £49.99! I will certainly try to save a penny whenever I can, but such blatantly misleading marketing by such a major company is disgraceful. Buyer beware!

OP
OP
Benthedoon

Benthedoon

It is ridiculous that companies can get away with it, all suppliers need to be more like Scott (although with a hint of flexability) and set the rrp themselves not as good for us the consumer but it would create a more even playing field especially with the slow but impending death of so many independent bike shops.
I'm now pretty much set on boycotting Halfords, your over priced pump has set a fire of revolution in my belly!!!

Top Bottom