Buying a cheap used car rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been keeping a watch for a 107/C1 lately too. Daughter passed test recently and its about the only thing that has affordable insurance.

As to racing them, I can actually see it. We had a Perdoua Nippa for awhile. Tiny 900cc 3 cylinder Daihatsu engine, but it loved rpm - very Italian and it could be 'driven it like you stole it' and still be within the speed limit. Not as though I did. I got the micky taken out of me at work, but then pointed out for what some were paying for one new car I could have a race grid.

Drago

Legendary Member
I got lucky when my old car caught fire. I kind of lost all patience with cars at that point, and determined to get something as cheap to buy/run as possible, and sod everything else. I mentioned my new mindset to my elderly neighbour, and he pointed me in the direction of an old boy further along the street who was selling the low mileage one owner Fusion, so I got the Pension Book Special for £700.

Put the word out locally that Don Martin needs some cheap wheels. Get the word out on Facebook and Twatspace, and something will soon come up.

Salar

A fish out of water
I've been keeping a watch for a 107/C1 lately too. Daughter passed test recently and its about the only thing that has affordable insurance.

As to racing them, I can actually see it. We had a Perdoua Nippa for awhile. Tiny 900cc 3 cylinder Daihatsu engine, but it loved rpm - very Italian and it could be 'driven it like you stole it' and still be within the speed limit. Not as though I did. I got the micky taken out of me at work, but then pointed out for what some were paying for one new car I could have a race grid.

Apparently the C1/107 Pugs have quite a following including racing and are in quite high demand as they are so cheap to insure and return good mpg's.
We were lucky to pick up a really good one, which had only been on the forecourt for a couple of days. The garage reckons they are usually in and gone within 7 days.

I recently traded in my Abarth Yamaha 595, a high performance Fiat 500, but I do enjoy driving the little C1.

Top Bottom