Buying a good hand-built wheel in Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris__P

hey I'm currently touring, taking a break in Munich. I need a new front wheel. Last time I replaced a wheel I was in the USA and I got one from Handspun. They make great hand build wheels pretty cheap. I'd really like to get this wheel http://handspunwheels.com/products/view_product/1753/

Unfortunately, they dont ship to Europe, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company that makes good hand builds like this one that does. I dont suppose I'll find such a good deal but lets see. I'm looking for a front wheel, 26, something like mavic rims and shimano LX hub or similar

stephenjubb

Über Member

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Have you considered looking for a Munich based wheel builder on German cycling forums? If you use Google Chrome it will translate the German into English for you.

Alberto

I own two sets of hand-built wheels from Rose, and both have got a lot of abuse on them (one mtb, the other the tourer). Both on LX hubs. Perfectly true and the cheapest you will find in Europe. Only time and more miles will tell if they are as good as other, more expensive, hand-built wheels!

willem

Über Member
The handbuilt wheels from Rose have met with a measure of criticism from disappointed users. In Germany Meilenweit do good handbuilt wheels. In the Netherlands m-gineering do excellent handbuilt wheels for a good price (I use them for all our wheels). They will send a wheel wherever you want. Are you sure you want Mavic rims for a touring bike?
Willem

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Failing that. Get Handspun to send it to a someone in the USA and get them to send it on to you. At least you will end up with the wheel that you want.

Steve

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
check out shipito.com they are mail forwarders, they provide you with a US based address, you sned the goods there and they send them on for a small fee.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Spandex who used to frequent these forums now has a wheelbuilding business, yourspokes.co.uk. I know he ships spokes to Europe so no doubt could arrange to send you a wheel. He's a very experienced tourer so will know what you need.

Top Bottom