Buying a secondhand Brooks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Plax said:
That's a very impressive indentation in your Brooks Yorkshireman! I've had mine for nearly a year now and it is showing no sign of any "defect" in appearance. I suspect because I've got a very shapely behind :evil:. I have the B17.
Ladies have softer bottoms. :evil:

Reckon that I must have sharp, pointy sit-bones ... I'm under 5'5" and haven't weighed in at more than about 8.5 - 9 stones wet through in the last 20 years :evil:

Yorkshireman said:
Reckon that I must have sharp, pointy sit-bones ... I'm under 5'5" and haven't weighed in at more than about 8.5 - 9 stones wet through in the last 20 years :laugh:
Well being as I'm a portly little heffalump I'm surprised I haven't pushed my pointy arse bones out through my cheeks.

bonj2

Dave5N said:
Yman, why does it point upwards?

it doesnt it sags in the middle 'cos his arse has made such a massive dent in it. or so he claims :eek: if you look it points up at the back as well

ASC1951

Guru
bonj said:
I'm not sure there's actually any evidence that they 'change shape' to conform to your arse as they break in whatsoever.
People say they get comfier, but that's largely because you're getting used to it.

Brooks may SAY that they change shape to conform to your arse, and this thread perfectly highlights the motive for this claim!
Bonj, you're talking out of your arse on this one. Either you have never ridden a Brooks or you only weigh the same as a crisp packet.

Of course Brooks saddles deform, as Any Fule Kno. Get one and learn.

bonj said:
it doesnt it sags in the middle 'cos his arse has made such a massive dent in it. or so he claims :smile: if you look it points up at the back as well

No sag there, the nose extends dead straight (and level) partly due to the cheek lacing and correct nose-bolt tension :rolleyes:.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Plax said:
That's a very impressive indentation in your Brooks Yorkshireman! I've had mine for nearly a year now and it is showing no sign of any "defect" in appearance. I suspect because I've got a very shapely behind xx(. I have the B17.

I found Plax's saddle perfectly comfortable. Does this mean my behind is shapely too?;)

Top Bottom