Buying bike for commuting and a bit of off road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Coronakid

Wow. I am massively impressed with 48 miles. That's amazing. To be honest, I think any hybrid or mountain bike will be an improvement on your current bike for such rides.

I have a carbon road bike bought cheaply on Sphock and a £30 Dawes mtb from ebay. Both are easier and nicer to ride than my friends step through Cube bike, which I imagine will be similar to yours. Dutch style bikes just seem so heavy to me - great for flat journeys but I'm amazed you can get round the Peak District on one.

I would look for a decent hybrid if you are pretty sure you don't want to go off road. OH has a Cannondale hybrid, which he loves. I think you'll find a lighter bike a revelation after a Dutch style bike.

Unfortunately stocks are still low in many outlets and there aren't many deals on at the moment. Just had a look and the bike OH got for £240 in a sale last Autumn is £400 now. The Evans near the Trafford Centre has a decent stock of bikes now so might be worth a look. There's a Wetherspoons next door for a sneaky latte too.
Oh I know the cycle shop you mean. I have popped in once. It seemed good

Top Bottom