Bye bye Catrike, hello (another) Trice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
So, the Catrike 700, as fast and beautiful as she was has now gone. I've had a good year using her for commuting, but found that she was so hard riding that I was having to slow down over the rough roads of Doncaster. I've gone back in time and bought another Trice (used to have a Trice 'S). Had to be a QNT to fit down the side of the house (the Catrike had to be carried) especially as I was looking to fit some kind of full fairing. That plan's gone to pot (beyond my limited capabilities) but I've extended the streamer fairing, and plan to concoct some kind of q/r clip on fairing extension to keep me dry and warm come the Winter. Just have to make some rear wheel discs and she's all done for now. It goes without saying that I've gone down the high viz route as usual!

S1054149_zps6e612dd4.jpg

S1054146_zpsd6858be7.jpg

S1054150_zpsdb75a7fb.jpg

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Can you see over the top of the fairing ? :giggle: It does seem to be very high - level with the headrest !

No doubt you made a small profit on the sale of the Catrike too ! :laugh: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
The head rest is set for the base of my neck, so I can see over it, but just miss the 5 or 6 feet in front of the trike. That's why I left the bottom of the Streamer ''unwrapped', so I can see that bit of the road as well. Profit? Naaah, but didn't lose much, which wasn't bad for over a years hard use, 24 miles every work day. Recumbents, buy 2nd hand, sell on, and they're almost free!!!!!!

starhawk

High viz! You said it!
I also have two flags on my Trice Q but ordinary ICE flags and a big red Reverse Gear flag just beneth the left one so I am at least visible in that department, have considered buying reflex tape but have none as present, but I have upgraded to the new mesh on the seat so I got some reflex there.

Top Bottom