C A C C B R A M

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
We've all done it.

We've all gone out to the garage to fetch something, or just tinker for a moment and ended up with a nice oily mark on our new / best shirt / Jeans / t-shirt

So next time you have a C A C C B R A M (clothing accident caused by cycle repair and maintenance) post a pic.

If it comes out in the wash thats a bonus.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Happens all the time, I've given up !!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I only had to walk past the bike while wearing a pair of light coloured trousers and the oil would spontaneously transfer from the chain to them. Now I only wear black or very dark grey so it doesn't show.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Decided I had wrecked enough clothing due to this so I acquired one of mrs Silly’s old aprons.

Problem is I keep forgetting to put it on.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Coincidentaly I had one of those moments on Wednesday night and cleaned it this morning before I saw this post. I put my d lock through my high viz body warmer arm hole and it flapped on my chain ring.

This has worked well twice now: spray the oil stain with wd40; rub it with a vanish bar of soap; dribble some washing machine liquid over it; then agitate it with a stiff brush; wash at 40 degrees on a cotton cycle on it's own. Beware the wd40 smell may linger till a few washes later.

Nebulous

Guru
I have a really nice gore jacket in black. My wife objected to me doing overnight bike rides dressed in black and bought me a new one which is a combination of high viz and black. The high viz has a couple of very obvious oil stains on the front, possibly caused when changing a puncture overnight.

Top Bottom