C2C august

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simmo

Hi guys, I'm organising a Coast 2 coast (Whitehaven to tynemouth) for myself and 5 friends all from the Leeds area.
We're going to try and complete it in two days whilst hopefully raising a bit of £££ for charity too.
If anybody has any advice on the best way to go about it logistically it would be very much appreciated, were thinking 80 miles on Saturday and 60 miles on Sunday but the main issue is travel to Whitehaven and getting back to the start?? Please help

MikeW-71

Veteran
Welcome!

Probably the best bet is to get to Whitehaven by train, though with 6 of you you may have to spread out over 2 or 3 trains as space can be restricted. Give yourselves Friday to get to Whitehaven and stay over. Then trains back to as close to your start point as you can get and ride the rest. may be advisable to stay at the finish overnight on sunday before heading home, there are not as many trains on sundays.

Good luck!

theloafer

Legendary Member
get to Whitehaven by one way van hire for the bikes ...riders by train (or one way car)... getting the train back to Whitehaven should not be a problem from Newcastle, last time we did c2c 2012 the train to Carlisle had 8 bikes on board it was not a problem for the gaurds...^_^ give these a call
http://www.enterprise.co.uk
Location Details
dotBlank.gif

dotBlank.gif

Pick Up Location change FRANCIS STREET
CASTLEFORD WF10 1HF
Tel.: +44 01977-555121
We'll Pick You Up.

drop off
Locations
dotBlank.gif
dotBlank.gif

dotBlank.gif

dotBlank.gif

dotBlank.gif

dotBlank.gif
dotBlank.gif
dotBlank.gif
PRESTON STREET
WHITEHAVEN CA28 9DL
(view branch details)
dotBlank.gif
dotBlank.gif
dotBlank.gif
dotBlank.gif
Select
dotBlank.gif

dotBlank.gif

dotBlank.gif
dotBlank.gif
dotBlank.gif
OXFORD STREET
WORKINGTON CA14 2AL
(view branch details

Last edited:
OP
OP
Simmo

Simmo

Thanks guys, it now looks like were going to get to Whitehaven on the train Friday and get a train back to Leeds from Newcastle Sunday afternoon/evening.
Does anyone know how much it will cost to get a company to drop our baggage off at the halfway point on Saturday night and take it to tynemouth Sunday? And if this is even possible??

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
When I did it I lived in Carnforth (just north of Lancaster). Drove to Whitehaven, on the grounds that I'd tried to take me and my bike on the train to Barrow once (i.e. the same train as you'd get to Whitehaven, I think, unless you can get one direct from Leeds?) and been turned away because there were already 2 people with bikes on the train - and you can't book bike spaces on those trains (they're the small 2 or 3 carriage sprinter trains). So you might need to allow plenty of time for the journey if you can't get on the first train through...

The C2C website lists a number of people who transport baggage etc - give some of them a ring.

OP
OP
Simmo

Simmo

Thanks guys it now looks like we're going to hire a van for the bikes and bags and try and persuade one of our parents to kindly drive them to Whitehaven whilst we get the train, they can then act as "support vehicle" incase of any accidents throughout the journey. We will then put our bikes and bags back in the van at tynemouth and all get the train home enjoying a few beers on the way. The plan sounds good but all we need now is a volunteer

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: @Simmo

Top Bottom