C2W - Build your own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buzzinonbikes

I think I already know the answer to this... (no)

Can you purchase all the relevant parts to build a bike under the C2W scheme to build yourself?

I'm guessing probably not as you won't be able to actually CYCLE TO WORK for a bit... well, at least till the thing is built!

Reason I ask is I want to build up a Genesis Equilibrium with 105 (or equivalent). Both to save a bit of money and for the enjoyment.

Thanks

Norm

I can't remember the exact wording but it says something like that the loan must be used for the loan of cycles and cyclists safety equipment. I've seen this used by companies to deny the ability to buy major cycle parts but my LBS will, and has, supplied wheels and frames under C2W.

OP
OP
Buzzinonbikes

Buzzinonbikes

Thanks Norm. Might be worth me asking around a few of my LBS. If not maybe buy the Tiagra model and upgrade a few years down the line. Ta!

400bhp

Guru
Evans have changed their stance IIRC.

They used to say no to buying parts-but last time I checked they said yes.

Worth checking.

OP
OP
Buzzinonbikes

Buzzinonbikes

Thanks guys. Shall do the rounds around here. Plenty of shops about that should be accommodating. Shame I've really gone off the LBS (shant name names) that I bought my current bike from. Imagine having bought from there before would come in handy. Cheers!

Top Bottom