C2W choice help please & questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrMister111

Über Member
Few years ago I bought a Diamondback M05 on the cycle 2 work scheme. It was only £200, used it a little bit for commuting and family biking.

It's back on now, and I'm thinking of getting another bike. To be honest I haven't used the other one much but hoping getting this time will motivate me more. I had a back op recently and so hoping biking will help,a little to get me more fit. I do a lot of walking with my dog, but thinking of biking. Will this be ok after my op, I'm nigh on back to normal now (unfit!!).

I'm looking at the Boardmans, I was last time, they seem to get good reviews. Last time out I wanted a suspension bike, front only, as I thought for me would be better, riding over the potholes etc.

So is a hybrid best choice for what I want? The tyres just look too thin and non substantial to me. It mainly would be for riding on UK normal roads (potholes!!), and some cycle tracks like old railway lines, and costal paths etc. and out with kids cycling.

I'm thinking that again, not to be to out if pocket, if it ends up a coat stand ;) of around £500, the hybrid team is £450, Any good? Am I on the right track here. Any others? I'm not a bike person, don't know what's good or bad etc

Cheers

* please move if in wrong section

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Boardmsn bikes are excellent their tyres aren't so ask them to fit marathon plus and you are sorted.

Top Bottom