C2W/Fuji bikes... Crikey, I've bought a bike!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Thanks for the info, guys. I missed out on a Fuji Altamira 2.7 on eBay last week - I have noticed on the bike auctions that no one bids then you get loads at the last minute and they go for quite a bit more than you expect lol.

I went to Decathlon this week - had the same disappointing experience as at Evans's. No staff around to ask about the bikes, no staff on the tills either, you had to use self serve. You could get a bike down to look at, but every single one had the seat set so high you needed to be about 6ft to even think about sitting on it.

Anyhow, this Fuji bike is for sale near me. Anyone know which model it is?

20190621_143858.jpg

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for the info, guys. I missed out on a Fuji Altamira 2.7 on eBay last week - I have noticed on the bike auctions that no one bids then you get loads at the last minute and they go for quite a bit more than you expect lol.

I went to Decathlon this week - had the same disappointing experience as at Evans's. No staff around to ask about the bikes, no staff on the tills either, you had to use self serve. You could get a bike down to look at, but every single one had the seat set so high you needed to be about 6ft to even think about sitting on it.

Anyhow, this Fuji bike is for sale near me. Anyone know which model it is?

View attachment 471796

Take a multitool with you, adjust your own saddle height if needed :smile:

To answer the question on the bike, it looks very much like this (a women's model from 2013/2014) - entry level, Google might help you out with the spec...or if the seller is genuine, they should do!
https://www.evanscycles.com/fuji-finest-1-3-compact-2014-women-s-road-bike-EV193167

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Hold the front page!!! I've only gone and bought a bike!!

The Fuji pictured above was up for £175, with a turbo trainer and a few bits. I was tempted as I was still yearning for the Fuji Altamira I missed out on (went for £320 on ebay; above my budget) - which is daft really as the Altamira is a carbon bike and the 2 aren't really comparable.

Anyway, I saw a bike on Shpock that was quite local. Went to view it with other half and I am now the happy owner of a 2008/9 (I think) Giant TCR C3 road bike with a few changed bits, like the levers and wheels. The guy was moving to a flat and reducing his collection. Very acknowledgable and super helpful when I rang him back later with some questions.

I've only gone down a few quiet roads so far but first impressions are really good. The bike weighs next to nothing. Main impression is .... How flipping FAST is my bike???!!!!! It is scary FAST. The biggest surprise was how little effort it takes to pedal and get some speed up.

There seems to be a fair bit of travel on the brake levers - would new blocks sort that out?

Anyway, I am pretty thrilled, slightly terrified, and looking forward to getting used to the bike a bit more in the coming weeks. Here's a pic before I gave it a clean up.
5cf8b63c7f9d233996c49342.jpeg

Edit: my brake enquiry is now over in the technical questions bit of the forum.

Last edited:

MSF23

Regular
Bought myself a Fuji Brevet 1.3 Disc. Yes, I know the geometry is designed with women in mind, however being on the shorter side, I'm very pleased with it. Some women are very tall; some men are not so tall!

- Anyone know which FULL mudguards fit these carbon frame Fuji bikes properly? Have looked at loads. Don't particularly like the old conventional design SKS or Bluemels models or similar, but reviews for clip-on mudguards are mixed, hence I'm none the wiser! This almost continual wet weather means I desperately need to fit a set.

OP
OP
A

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Top Bottom